Monday 19 May 2014

WEARING: Pastels and Florals


So we recently got the opportunity to work alongside a new exciting fashion company;  'Missy Empire'. Missy Empire is a UK based online company, with a range of  affordable, on trend pieces, the site is updated regularly so there is always something new to lust after! We thought we would show you what we chose and how we would style these pieces up for Spring/Summer.




I chose this lovely cream floral jumpsuit. I actually don't think i've ever worn a jumpsuit (is that weird?!) so this was a first for me, but this has definitely converted me... a whole outfit in one piece? What's not to love, these must make life SO easy.
















The print is so pretty, it's almost in a watercolour style which I think makes the jumpsuit much more delicate and feminine... it definitely isn't just flowery overalls!!!

The shape is great, it's very slim fitting which I like but not too tight, I think this is just SO flattering, it lengthens you, so definitely the answer if you want to appear taller!


I decided to pair it with coral accessories to pick out the colours in the print. I wore this coral silk style bomber jacket which made the look more casual and 'edgy' and luckily for me I had these chunky coral flatforms just lying around (well, i've never wanted to wear them because I don't trust myself not to ruin them).

I decided after styling this up that it would be the perfect wedding guest outfit! I guess I just need the invite now...





Coral Bomber - Primark £10.00
Coral Flatforms - H&M £19.99
Chain Necklace - Primark £4.00


I chose this baby pink jersey cami dress, I like how simple it is and how you can wear it with pretty much everything... I think it looks really chic and flattering and the material is not too thin so that it hangs nicely and isn't see-through. 





I styled the dress with black accessories so it wasn't too girly and added some form of contrast against the pastel pink. Both the black faux leather backpack and the faux leather chunky black gladiator sandals are from primark and I think because they both have gold hardware they go well together. I added my fedora style hat and a spiked diamanté necklace, but kept everything else really simple. 




The ways of styling this dress are pretty much endless, it would look great mixed with two other pastels for the tri-pastel trend which is really popular at the moment, or it could look cool with some trainers, a leather or denim jacket and a leopard print clutch.



Primark Black Gladiator Sandals - £13
Primark Backpack - £10
Fedora Hat, Vintage Fair - £15

We both really love the pieces we received, the quality was great and they were SO affordable which makes them perfect in our eyes! Every time we check out the site they have new items up, and they are all so on trend right now, they even have a whole section devoted to pastels which we love!

You can also find Missy Empire on Facebook and Twitter, we're big fans of the twitter page because of the weekly competitions they run!! Have a look... they're definitely worth a follow!
Facebook - /MissyEmpireuk
Twitter - @MissyEmpireuk


G and K x

No comments:

Post a Comment